Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in the Jungles of Belize where the Monkeys Roar.

Go down

Living in the Jungles of Belize where the Monkeys Roar. Empty Living in the Jungles of Belize where the Monkeys Roar.

Post by Ericwt Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 am

I live in the interior of Belize. I am in the Cayo District about 45 minutes from the Guatemalan border.

Belize is a small undeveloped country in Central America. It is the only place in Central America that has English as the official language. Although Spanish and Kriol are also spoken.

Kriol is an English variation because it was once a British colony. The more common Creole people hear about is from French Colonies.

Living in Belize is like how I imagine it was in the 1940's and 50's. Lots of small stores with clerks behind a counter that get what you ask to buy.

The roads in parts of Belize are really rough. The main highways are mostly paved. Dirt and rock roads are common beyond the sparse highways.

Crime is a problem but if you use common sense and a little street smarts you can avoid most crime. Petty "grab and run" crimes are the most common.

Employers need to pay for everything by check, including payroll, do not get the reputation as having cash on you.

Never carry large amounts of cash and do not wear flashy jewelry or watches.

Most expats live on small houses on the Islands or in the interior with larger tracks of land.

It is not a good idea for the average expat to move into a Belize neighborhood. Usually the Belize people see expats as walking ATM machines. Borrow means take and not return. Do not loan money to any Belize citizen for any reason.

Things are laid back in Belize. Things cost twice as much as you think and take three times longer to do.

If you got money Belize is great. If you don't stay home.

I will be happy to answer any questions on Belize.

Jungle zip line baby!

Monkey Serenade

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ericwt
Legally Resident
Legally Resident

Back to top Go down